Thursday, November 13, 2008

November 13th. . . . .
I know I shouldn't be up this late, but I've made a commitment to post every day and I'm sticking to it! So, with only 10 minutes left, here are some more things I'm thankful for:

1. The Beauty of Nature
Every season brings it blessings! There are many people that would describe fall as "dark" or "dreary". As a matter of fact, I remember overhearing the choir practice a song that used those very words. However, when approaching fall, the thoughts that fill my mind are those of comfort... the wonderful colors of changing leaves, crisp autumn air with it's distinct smell, and fireplaces being lit with a warm glow that's been absent all too long.

2. Technology
Who would have dreamed technology would develop this far? Things that were unthinkable, even for science-fiction films 20 years ago, are now common place in the hands of American consumers. Technology allows people like me to keep in touch with friends and family, far and near, at the touch of a button, or click of the mouse.

3. The Time Period I Live In
Although closely related to the last point, I think this should be a separate thanks. (if for no other reason, I'm running out of time before midnight! :) There are many things that make now the time to live. Technology :), safety, and social communication are among the top of the list.

No comments: